Solar Plexus or Manipura Chakra
The solar chakra is located at the navel and is the vortex of transformation. This chakra deals with self-esteem, energy, will, power and autonomy. It is the place of information or temporal knowledge.
Solar Plexus Symbols, Sounds, and Associations
There are ten blue lotus petals, a triangle pointed downward with a running ram at the point. Above the bija or seed symbol are Visnu and Shaki Lakini, the three-faced and four-armed goddess who is the dispeller of fear and grantor of petitions or prayer.
- Sanskrit Name and Meaning: Manipura – lustrous gem
- Location: navel, solar plexus
- Element: Fire
- Parts of the Body: pancreas, adrenals, digestive system, muscles
- Malfunction: ulcers, diabetes, hypoglycemia, digestive disorders
- Bija Sound: Rang
- Petal Sounds: Dang, Dhang, Rlang, Tang, Thang, Dang, Dhang, Nang, Pang, Phang
- Animal: Ram
- Yoga Path: none associated
- Incense: dragon’s blood, sandalwood, saffron, musk, cinnamon, ginger
- Minerals: yellow citrine, topaz, amber, rutilated quartz
Deities: Agni, Surya, Rundra, Likini, Ra, Apollo, Helios, Athene, Brigit, Amaterasu, Belenos, Apis.